Summer peaches, deliciously sweet and delightfully juicy! Peaches are such a versatile fruit for baking and cooking, from pies, cobblers and cakes, to jams, chutneys and salsas, you can even top a salad or a pizza with peaches. I'll be frying peach halves for this wonderfully creamy, ginger studded, caramelized peach topped Mascarpone and Peach Tart.
Fresh picked peaches from our tree.
9 oz. gingersnaps
3 oz. butter, melted
1 1/4 cups sour cream
1 cup mascarpone cheese
1 cup powdered sugar
1/3 cup crystallized ginger, minced
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
9" round removable bottom tart pan
Note: I used a 13X4" rectangular tart pan for this recipe.
1. In a food processor, process the gingersnaps until fine. Add melted butter and pulse until the crumbs come together.
2. Press the crumbs into the tart pan, pressing up the sides and evenly over the bottom of the pan. Refrigerate for 20 minutes to set.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine the mascarpone cheese, sour cream and powdered sugar. Whisk until stiff peaks form. Fold in by hand, the minced ginger.
4. Spoon cheese mixture into tart shell and spread evenly. Refrigerate up to 4 hours.
5. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large frying pan at medium heat. Press peach halves in sugar cut side down. Place peaches, sugared side down onto hot melted butter. Fry for 4-5 minutes or until lightly golden.
Remove from pan and cool on a plate skin side down. When completely cooled, arrange peach halves on top of tart in a decorative manner cut side up. Enjoy!