I found this recipe on a site sent to me by a friend, from a lovely blog written by Sophia Purvis down in Melbourne, Australia. Little Box Brownie is the name of the blog. I'm in love with her photography and her recipes all look like, I want to try! These gorgeous little gems are an explosion of lime citrus flavor and the white chocolate dipping is my addition to her recipe, I like the drama! Madeleine's are quite easy to make with very few ingredients, they whip up quick for an impressive afternoon tea with the girls.
For the cookies...
2 ounces butter, melted
2 large eggs
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup all purpose flour, sifted
1 Tablespoon finely grated lime peel (about 2 limes)
For the syrup...
1/3 cup lime juice
1/4 cup confectioners sugar
4 ounces good quality white chocolate, melted
1. Preheat the oven to 375°. Butter well, Madeleine pan molds, recipe will make about 15 cookies.
2. Using an electric mixer with a whisk attachment, whisk the eggs on high until they become light and frothy. Slowly add the sugar and continue to mix on high for 5 minutes, lower speed and mix in the lime zest until incorporated.
3. Fold in sifted flour by hand with a spatula
4. Spoon the mixture into the molds about 3/4 full and bake for 15 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool slightly then remove from pan and cool completely on a rack.
5. Mix together the syrup ingredients, whisking until smooth and brush syrup on cookies and allow to dry. At this point if you like, dip cookies in melted white chocolate and allow to dry completely, and enjoy!
Click on the links below to find more yummy recipes!